Date of entry in effect: from january 2017
Last modification: from 20th of february 2017
Information Security Policy
We implemented the following security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control: Internal reviews of our storage, treatment and security measures practices, as well as physical security measures to protect unauthorized access to systems in which we store personal data.
Access to our websites www.nic.do and www.midominio.do is done only through SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol which provides protection in the transmission of information. Also the collection of information related to your access key is made through the website www.midominio.do and it is stored in encrypted form.
Likewise, the information shared with the electronic payment processing entity travels through private channels in an encrypted way. This strategy mitigates the risk of alteration or subtraction of data by malicious third parties during the transmission. NIC .DO only stores the type of card and the last 4 digits of the numbering of the card used for the purpose of relating the transaction to the data of the related user.
In addition, NIC .DO offers the following additional security mechanisms:
- Domain transfer blocking service, whose purpose is to prevent the hijacking or transfer of a domain without previous and explicit authorization of the owner or person in charge of the domain. This service is enabled by default at the time of registration.
- Two-step verification service is a security process in which you provide two means of identification. You will be prompted to log in with your password and a code sent to your phone.
For the execution of transactions and operations in NIC .DO we recommend:
- Enable the security mechanisms of Domain Blocking and 2-Step Verification
- Keep your password and credit card data used strictly confidential, such as: number, card type, expiration date and CVV / CVC security number.
- Periodically change your access password to our web platform.
- Never send confidential information by mail, fax or phone.
Language of the policy
This Policy has been established in Spanish, providing a translation of it, is provided for reference purposes only. In case of conflict between the Spanish version and the translated version, the Spanish version will prevail.
Term of policy.
NIC .DO reserves the right to modify this Security Policy periodically, said changes or modifications will be effective immediately after they have been published in our websites www.nic.do and www.midominio.do. Your use of the websites after such changes means that you accept the modified Privacy Statement.
Contact NIC .DO
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra
Edificio Padre José Luís Alemán, S. J.
Av. Rómulo Betancourt 1108, La Julia
Santo Domingo, D.N.