Date of entry in effect: May 2, 2017
Last modification: June 21, 2019
The present return policy applies only to direct customers of NIC .DO, that is, customers who have acquired our services through our website www.midominio.do; NIC .DO is not responsible for services contracted through third parties.
To access our services, the Customer must register in our website by creating a User Account; With the creation of the User Account, the customer maintains an Advance Account or Debit Account in which he can add funds to be used in the purchase of our products and services.
All available balance in the Customer Advance Account can be refunded at the customer´s request.
Refunds are subject to the application of a reasonable processing fee that will be deducted from the available amount.
About the refund for cancellation of orders.
Payments made for registration and/or renewal of domain names, as well as the services associated with these are not refundable or transferable even in cases where the Domain Name is suspended, canceled or transferred before it ends the registration period except, for the following cases:
- Cancellation of Domain Registration Orders: The cancellation of orders related to the registration of new Domain Names can only be made within the first 5 calendar days after the date of payment.
- Cancellation of Domain Renewal Orders: Renewal of Domain Name orders may be canceled at the Customer’s request only if:
- They are canceled within the first 5 calendar days after the payment date; and
- NIC .DO evaluates and determines in its sole discretion that they were made in error.
NIC .DO may evaluate and take into consideration the refund of payments made in error.
For the purposes of this policy will be considered as “payment made by mistake” those payments made to a domain whose name is similar to another domain on which you intend to pay.
For requests to cancel a service made after the deadline indicated in this policy, NIC .DO may cancel the service and will not issue refunds.
NIC .DO will retain RD$80.00 for the cancellation of the order for each canceled domain, and will credit the remaining amount to the Customer Advance Account. The refund of the amount available in the Customer´s Advance Account entails additional charges.
About the conditions for the refund.
In the event of refund of funds available in the Customer Advance Account, NIC .DO will retain 10% of the available amount for administrative expenses.
About refund processing
Refunds requests will be processed depending on the method of payment used:
- If the payment is made by credit card, the payment processor will be requested to refund it.
- If the payment is made by bank transfer, the refund will be issued to the account from which the transfer was made.
- If the payment is made in cash or by direct deposit, a check will be issued in the name of the person who made the payment.
In case of any inconvenience that arises when processing a refund, due to inconvenience with the selected payment method, NIC .DO reserves the right to issue the refund in the form of a credit note in favor of the customer.
You understand and agree that NIC .DO has no control over the time it takes to process and apply the refund.
About Abuse of Refund Policy
NIC .DO reserves the right to refuse a refund request in case of abuse of the refund policy. It will be considered an abuse of the refund policy, including but not limited to:
- Requests for refunds made repeatedly by a user.
- Take advantage of the refund policy to try to commercially exploit a domain name, promote or engage in illegal activities or send unsolicited emails.
- Any other activity that NIC .DO its sole and absolute discretion determine.
Claim for fraud
In case your data has been used in some type of electronic fraud involving payment of services in NIC .DO Please, contact our Customer Service staff immediately.
Language of the policy
This Policy has been established in Spanish, it is provided for reference purposes only. In case of conflict between the Spanish version and the translated version, the Spanish version will prevail.
Term of policy
NIC .DO reserves the right to make changes to this policy on a regular basis, these changes or modifications will be effective immediately after they have been published on our websites www.nic.do and www.midominio.do. The use of these websites after the publication of such changes means that you accept the modified policy.
Contact NIC .DO
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra
Edificio Padre José Luís Alemán, S. J.
Av. Rómulo Betancourt 1108, La Julia
Santo Domingo, D.N.