Date of entry in effect: May 2, 2017
Last modification: May 24, 2018
The registration of domain names under the .do top-level domain is administered by the Network Information Center .do (NIC .DO) of the Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, a function delegated in 1995 by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority IANA), currently operated by ICANN.
The Network Information Center .do (NIC .DO) understands the importance of the privacy of your personal data and we are committed to be transparent with the way we collect, use and disclose your information which is received through the Internet portals www.nic.do, www.midominio.do and other media.
Given the nature of the Domain Name Registration services you are required to provide certain personal data, carefully read the following information so that you know the treatment we give your personal data.
ABOUT THE INFORMATION COLLECTION
NIC .DO collects personal information from users, both by physical and electronic means, when the user enters our websites (www.nic.do, www.midominio.do) or uses our services either to:
- Create a user account
- Consult a domain
- Register a domain
- Modify data associated with a domain
- Make a payment
- Submit a dispute resolution request
- You contact our Customer Service Department, or otherwise contact us or one of our service providers with a comment, question or complaint.
- Perform any other transactions related to or associated with the domain registration service
For the provision of the services offered by NIC .DO it is mandatory to provide the personal data requested and they must be correct, complete, accurate, and up to date. If you provide personal information on behalf of another person, you must have the authorization to do so.
Your Personal Information that may be collected by NIC .DO includes the following:
- Full name
- Organization to which it belongs
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Personal identification document
- Credit card details, bank account details
- Your firm
- IP address
When making an online payment, NIC .DO stores the type of card and the last 4 digits of the numeration of the credit card used for relating the transaction to the user’s data.
The information we collect when you visit our websites includes, but is not limited to: the type of browser you use, your operating system, your Internet service provider, your IP address, the pages you view on the site, Navigation and the time and duration of your visits to the Site.
We use google analytics, which is a web analysis tool that helps us understand how users interact with our websites. Like many services, Google Analytics uses originating cookies to track user interactions, such as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our websites. This information is used to compile reports and help us improve our websites. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors.
You can opt out of google analytics without affecting the way you visit our site. For more information on how to stop being tracked by Google Analytics on all the websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Improve your experience on our site
- Keep the products in your shopping cart
- Understand your use of our websites
- Help identify and maintain session status
- Statistical purposes
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected is necessary to manage and administer the registration of domain names and to enforce the registration policies, rules and procedures applicable.
We will also use your information to:
- Provide services requested.
- Provide technical support.
- Contact you for matters relating to the registration of a domain name or the operation of it.
- For sending of NIC .DO communications such as: notifications, requirements, letters, newsletters related to the services we offer, response to requests related to the services we offer.
- To comply with the disclosure requirements of ICANN and other entities related to the provision of the Domain Registration service.
- To facilitate the resolution of disputes.
- Offer our services.
- Carry out market studies with the objective of improving our services.
- Give you access to our websites and / or the corresponding systems.
- Statistical aims and historical information.
- To prevent or denounce the performance of illegal acts.
In the case of a dispute resolution request for the registration and/or use of a domain name, we will publish on our websites all information related to said dispute: data of the complainant, data of the defendant, name of the domains object of the demand, date of registration of the domain, content of the demand, conclusion of the demand, decision of the judges, as well as any other information related to the demand.
In relation to the credit card payment information provided by the user, which includes card number, card type, card expiration date, cardholder and CVV / CVC security number, it is used exclusively for the processing of the respective payment through the processor entity of transactions with credit card. NIC .DO only stores the type of card and the last 4 digits of the numbering of the used card, in order to relate the transaction to the data of the related user.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We have implemented measures to protect your personal information under our custody and control. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
These security measures include firewalls and antivirus protection on our servers, and the training of our staff.
Access to our websites www.nic.do and www.midominio.do is done only through the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol, which provides protection in the transmission of information. The collection of information related to your access code is also carried out through the website www.midominio.do and is stored in an encrypted form. Likewise, the information shared with the electronic payment processing entity travels through private channels in an encrypted manner. This strategy mitigates the risk of alteration or subtraction of data by malicious third parties during the transmission.
Additionally NIC .DO offers the following additional security mechanisms:
- Domain transfer blocking service, whose purpose is to avoid the seizure or transfer of a domain without prior and explicit authorization from the owner or responsible for the domain. This service is enabled by default at the time of registration.
- Two-step verification service is a security process in which you provide two means of identification. You will be asked to log in with your password and a code sent to your phone.
We will do our best and will take all reasonably necessary measures so that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement, notwithstanding the foregoing, NIC .DO will not be responsible for any illegal access and / or unauthorized use of the data and information provided by you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To our external service providers who provide services such as verification of contact information, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, provision of infrastructure, IT services, Email delivery services, auditing services, among others.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint project, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or part of our business (including in connection with any bankruptcy proceedings or similar).
- To users authorized by you to receive information about your orders.
- As we consider necessary or appropriate:
- To comply with legal processes;
- Respond to requests from judicial authorities;
- Respond to a citation or court order from a third party
- To protect our operations or those of any of our users;
- To protect our rights, privacy, security or property, and / or that of our users.
- To carry out an investigation, initiate legal actions, avoid damages to third parties or seek other compensation when you or a third party are or may be:
- Violating our terms and conditions of service;
- Causing injuries or other damages to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users or third parties; or
- Violating applicable laws.
- When the information is required by virtue of compliance with the applicable provisions, judicial, administrative resolutions, or any request from the competent authority.
NIC .DO as part of its functions in relation to the administration of the .do operates an electronic query service called “WHOIS” through which the information associated with registered domain names under the .do is published, this publication is obligatory in by virtue of the services and the international standards of the industry.
The information submitted through this tool is provided exclusively for purposes related to the delegation of domain names under .do and the operation of the DNS managed by NIC .DO. By means of this option, we facilitate the procedures related to the operation of the domain names, the resolution of disputes regarding domain names and the verification of the ownership of the domain names.
The data that is shown by means of the WHOIS tool are the following:
- Data related to the domain name holder: Name and organization of the domain name owner.
- Data related to the administrative, technical and payment contacts associated with the domain name: Name of the contact and organization to which it belongs.
- Creation date of the domain name.
- Expiration date of the domain name.
- Status of the domain name.
- Name server (DNS) information.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU) https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en, in relation to the personal data of users coming from the EU, we will only show the organization of the Domain Name Registrant. You are responsible if the information provided is not correct or incomplete.
NIC .DO is not responsible for the use that is given to the information shown here while prohibiting the compilation, storage, use and / or transmission of the information displayed for commercial, advertising or any other purposes including the transmission of advertising, direct marketing, market research or similar, without the prior authorization of the affected parties and of NIC .DO
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request the access, update and correction of errors in the personal information that NIC .DO has in custody or control using the channels and procedures established for it.
The right of free access may be denied to the owner of the information, in case that ongoing judicial or administrative proceedings related to: an administrative proceeding on the demand of dispute resolution for the registration and/or use of a name, the investigation of crimes and offenses by the competent authority and the verification of administrative infractions, in accordance with the policies and procedures of NIC .DO and the Law No. 172-13 of Protection of Personal Data.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information to provide services and, if necessary, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain your personal information for a maximum of seven years from the date you terminate your use of our services unless the law or regulation requires us to keep your personal information for longer.
Our Services are not directed to people under 18 years of age. We do not collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian realizes that their child has provided us with personal information without the consent of that parent or guardian, he or she must contact us. If we realize that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will remove that information from our files.
NIC .DO has a strict No Spam policy that prohibits the use of data collected to send spam. We will not disclose market, sell or transfer your personal information to any third party other than as set forth in this policy.
LANGUAGE OF THE POLICY
This Policy has been established in Spanish, providing a translation of it, is provided for reference purposes only. In case of conflict between the Spanish version and the translated version, the Spanish version will prevail.
TERM OF POLICY
CONTACT NIC .DO
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra
Edificio Padre José Luís Alemán, S. J.
Av. Rómulo Betancourt 1108, La Julia
Santo Domingo, D.N.